where can I, as a principal, not an agent, find a legal and binding Texas sale contract a commercial property?

Don't need lawyer or agent. Just want a blank, conforming, enforceable commercial real estate sale contract.
In Selling Property - Asked by Rick P. - Aug 31, 2017
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Patrick K.
The Woodlands, TX

TREC forms can only be used by licensed real estate agents. Same for TAR. Enforceable is a matter of getting the terms done properly to the point where specific performance on both sides can occur.
If your buyer gets an attorney as they should you'll be in a position of having to negotiate against an attorney and they won't do that typically and you might be attempting to practice law. You're better off hiring an attorney.
As TREC and TAR forms say
24. CONSULT AN ATTORNEY BEFORE SIGNING: TREC rules prohibit real estate license holders
from giving legal advice. READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY.

Aug 31, 2017
Report Abuse
Blue B.
Corpus Christi, TX

Hire an attorney

Sep 5, 2017
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question