what type of lease would i need to rent a 2000 sq/ft space in a shopping center.

I am in the process of leasing a space for my thrift business
In Leasing Property - Asked by Mukthar O. - Nov 1, 2015
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Ronnie M.
Houston, TX

A retail lease. Sounds like you are a tenant, so in that case, the landlord for the property in question will likely provide the lease doc. You may want to secure the assistance of tenant rep broker to assist you in the transaction or at minimum an attorney to review the lease document. Good luck.

Nov 2, 2015
Report Abuse
Paul C.
Victorville, CA

Lease documents vary dramatically.
If you or the landlord are represented by a commercial broker, it is likely they will be using AIR forms. In that case there is a specific one for Multi-Tenant Retail. However, it is also a possibility that the landlord may have a custom drafted lease document.
Of these two types the AIR contract is likely to be the most neutral where as a custom drafted or lawyer drafted lease document is likely to be more heavily slanted to benefit the landlord.
If you are dealing with a custom drafted lease, you should definitely have the representation of an attorney or seasoned commercial broker to review and negotiate on your behalf.

Nov 13, 2015
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question