what happens when the county or city changes the zoning from R2 to R1

In Selling Property - Asked by Angel H. - Dec 8, 2012
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


William S.
Atlanta, GA

What locale?

Dec 10, 2012
Report Abuse
Dalip S R.
Lumberton, TX

You should check with your local zoning department, each city/county might have diffrent rules.Usually R1 is Single-Family Residential District
R2 is Two-Family Residential District.

Dec 10, 2012
Report Abuse
Zully R.
Miami, FL

The County has to advertise such a change prior to downsizing the property zoning. If this has happenned already, then you probably will get a break in assessment value.
My suggestion is that any notice from the County, read it carefully and make phone calls.
The change from R-2 to R-1 has reduced the density and therefore the value.
Zully Ruiz

Dec 12, 2012
Report Abuse
Chris S.
Coeur D'alene, ID

This would typically equate to a down zoning, meaning potential development on the site is becoming more restrictive and less dense.

Mar 11, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question