what estate problems arise if us citizen owens canadian residential property?

In General Area - Asked by ken o. - Feb 18, 2012
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


thomas b.
Orlando, FL

I Do Beleive that there is a 35% withholding tax on property sold where principal is other than a canadian resident.A US citizen can open a canadian Corporation to hold real estate. I dont beleive that there are any estate problems if a will was drawn naming a benificiary.

Feb 19, 2012
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question