what are a tenant's options in contesting a nnn charge (really a capital improvement) w/out expensive lawyers?

My Landlord is putting a major septic upgrade under "plumbing". This will be a MAJOR expense that could put us out of business. Isn't this a capital improvement? But we are a small business that can't afford a lot of law fees either. Help!
In Leasing Property - Asked by Katie O. - May 15, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Paul S.
Glendora, CA

Sometimes you just have to get a lawyer. That said, talk with you landlord. With rising vacancy landlords are having to be more flexible rather than losing a tenant. It is all about negotiating and in tough economic times you may have a bit more negotiating power. I can't comment on what your legal right are in relationship to the capital improvement issues and the NNN charges. That is a legal question and unfortunately you need a lawyer for that.

May 15, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question