Will a PH.D degree in Psycholog meet the requirement of two years sales experience in getting a broker license

In General Area - Asked by tony c. - Sep 9, 2016
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Julio G.
Tampa, FL

Each state has their own licensing requirements and State statutes; I operate as a Broker/owner and also teach the Licenses courses required by the State of Florida; under Florida statutes, no; the only college degrees recognized are the BA, and MBA in Real Estate as a major, the state exam is still required. Other exceptions are a degree in law and current standing with the Florida Bar (only for Sale Associate License).
As to the requirement for Broker, (no college exception) after Two years as a sales associate under the employ/supervision of a Broker, an applicant then can take the prescribed FREC II course then test for state Brokers exam.

Sep 9, 2016
Report Abuse
Chris R.
Denton, TX

Texas - NO

Dec 2, 2016
Report Abuse
Anthony V.
Brisbane, CA

If these Q's are real, the poster ought to at least name the state they intend to be working in. I would think that Julio G's, Tampa FL answer is probably fairly representative of how most states would handle their licensing requirement. A psych degree may be of some help in the sales area, but it's certainly not the same as two years of supervised field sales experience. Good luck.

Jan 2, 2017
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question