Who to contact to buy a FHA Owned Home?

There is a vacant modular home that sits on property next to land that we purchased. The house has sat there with no one living in it or working on it in over 14 months. I recently found through a google search that it is an FHA owned home and a few months back it was for sale. I've searched the county deeds and such and can not find where anyone bought this house. We would like to purchase this. Who would I contact to find out if it did actually sell or if we could still buy it? The house is located in Columbia South Carolina.
In Buying Property - Asked by James C. - Jan 6, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Jim C.
Appleton, WI

Most FHA repos can be found on their website at www.HUD.gov there is a link that will take you to current listins in your area. If it was for sale, contact the listing agent or the company handling the listing for HUD. Also, keep in mind that depending on the timing of the foreclosure process the home might not yet be offered for sale, or may have sold already and deed records just haven't been updated yet. You may want to check to see what the foreclosure process is in your county, or the county the property is located in.

Jan 7, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question