Which States require a real estate license to broker for commission multifamily housing >4?

In Selling Property - Asked by Steven R. - Sep 25, 2012
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Chris R.
Denton, TX

I would think all states require such a license but I am not familar with the real estate laws of all 50 states. Texas requires it.

Sep 26, 2012
Report Abuse
Rob B.
Chandler, AZ

I provided an answer to your question. With it, I provided my new website wrongly. The proper reference to the website will be with this answer.
Rob Baird

Sep 28, 2012
Report Abuse
J. David F.
Brentwood, TN

All states require a real estate license to broker any real estate transaction, for the state wherein the transaction occurs whether paid a commission or not. Also required is an E & O policy. Licensed brokerage firms are paid the commission, and the owner/broker of record pays the agent their share of the commission. It is typically forbidden to pay an agent outside of their brokerage firm.

Oct 7, 2012
Report Abuse
Monica M.
Valencia, CA

Whenever getting a commission from a sale of a property anywhere in the United States you'll need to have a real estate license. You'll have to check out the state you are referring to by doing a Google search to be certain.

Nov 1, 2012
Report Abuse
Joe L.
Dallas, TX

If you meant "real estate license IN THAT STATE", it depends upon the laws of the property's and/or broker's state. Some states have special provisions for when out-of-state-brokers can participate in in-state commissions. Check your local real estate statutes.

Jun 5, 2014
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question