Where could I find a brokerage agreement for bringing a tenant to landlord?

In Leasing Property - Asked by Gina A. - May 7, 2010
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Nadina C.
Phoenix, AZ

If the landlord is not represented by a broker, I would use an "Unrepresented Landlord Fee Agreement". It makes clear that you represent the tenant but the landlord will pay your commission. Be sure to specify at what point you get all or part of your commission -- 1) at lease signing (where the tenant usually pays at least the 1 month rent and the security deposit); 2) at tenant move-in (where the tenant pays another month rent in advance). My recommendation is that your fee be based on $ per sq ft rather than a % of the lease for the first year with % increases reflecting the increase in rent for subsequent years. Don't forget to add up the commission for each year of the lease.

May 7, 2010
Report Abuse
Lynn R.
Saint Louis, MO

The commercial division of your local board of Realtors should have the appropriate form for you to use as a tenant representative. These are typically fill in the blank forms which will require to be executed by you, your broker and the client.

May 10, 2010
Report Abuse
Rob B.
Chandler, AZ

You may choose to use an AIR Form. This well-qualified, commercial real estate association develops these forms. These forms can be purchased separately from being a member through a pre-purchase token arrangement. You can get further information from the website: http://www.airea.com/FORMS/AboutForms.aspx
I have been using the forms for many years as a non-member and have been extremely satisfied with them for many commercial purposes.
Rob Baird
CA RE License #544165 (One of the oldest active licenses in CA)

May 13, 2010
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question