Where can I find, and how do I initiate a finders fee contract?

I have several thousand acres that have superb solar potential which I am trying to assist the owners with selling. But as this is requiring extensive work on my behalf, I want to initiate a finders fee contract, where do I start?
In Selling Property - Asked by Timothy M. - May 14, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Paul S.
Glendora, CA

If you don't have a real estate license you probably can't charge a finders fee? It will depend on you State but it sounds like you are doing an activity that requires a license?

May 15, 2009
Report Abuse
Sam T.
Addison, TX

The below answer from Paul is absolutely right. If you are selling any piece of real estate, then you need a license. I highly suggest you talk to your local Real Estate Commission and find out about it.
But if you are just selling rights(not including real estate) then you can charge them consulting fees or a referal fee.

May 18, 2009
Report Abuse
robert l.
Mississauga, ON

If you haven't developed a solar project on the properties yet, please contact me at rlaporte@neutopia.ca we are always interested in assessing development sites and we are the only company, as far as I know, that offers a partnership agreement to the landowners. Rather than receive a meagre royalty or a lease agreement, you could be sharing in the revenue as a project partner!

Nov 2, 2012
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question