What zoning would permit "Scrap metal yard" in city of Los Angeles and Long beach? Do I need CUP even if I ...

find a parcel of land with proper zoning in these areas? Also, How do I find BNSF rail stations near by the land that we are considering leasing for loading and unloading?
In Leasing Property - Asked by Joon L. - Mar 19, 2013
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Charlie B.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This is a zoning questions which would depend on the type of your desired business, and the specific property of what uses are existing and provided. For example, is this a auto dismantling yard, or metal from construction remnants. If the uses is to recycle and dismantle then you are likely required to have CUP, and you will find in most cases even with a CUP are not allowed. This use typically is considered a waste or recycling processing yard and would also be regulated by the state in addition to local jurisdictional requirements.

Apr 7, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question