What type of business should I be if I want to buy CRE?

In Buying Property - Asked by TJ T. - Sep 16, 2017
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Blue B.
Corpus Christi, TX

You should really talk with your CPA and attorney to determine that, its really based on your personal situation. A very popular form of entity is the LLC, but there may be better options for you, depending upon your personal situation.

Sep 16, 2017
Report Abuse
Gregory G.
San Francisco, CA

What does LLC stand for?

Sep 17, 2017
Report Abuse
Patrick K.
The Woodlands, TX

Depends on your tax structure and your net worth. Are you an MD that already has liability exposure hopefully covered by malpractice insurance. Most CPA's will tell you to form a single purpose entity that takes ownership of the real estate outside of the operating entity that uses the real estate. Tax and liability implications.
LLC stands for limited liability corporation.

Sep 17, 2017
Report Abuse
Steve S.
Property/Asset Manager
Durham, PA

LLC's are used a lot in these situations, If you raising capital I recommend having to escrow accounts one for the purchase of the property and another to hold the investors capital. When you purchase the property transfer the investor's capital from the 1st escrow to the 2nd escrow. This protects the investors money and protects the sponsor as well

Sep 24, 2017
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question