What must be available or completed in order to advertise land as being fully entitled?

Can you advertise land as partially entitled, if so, what reports/studies/engineering would need to be complete and available?
In Selling Property - Asked by Jeannette G. - Jan 4, 2016
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Jeff J.
Columbia, MD

Always consult legal and your states real estate regulator agency. But, in 'general' you would have to disclose what is NOT be conveyed or titled i.e. oil, gas, mineral, water rights do not convey. If you can not get title the next best option is "attorney opinion of title" definition in link.

Jan 5, 2016
Report Abuse
Gregg T.
Alexandria, LA

Be careful about local issues that you may not be aware of. For example, on the Cost of Louisiana there are Wetland considerations to deal with that require permits from the US Arm Corps of Engineers before you can build on a site. Things of this nature vary from region to region. In the South West it may be an Archeological permit that is required. A local Civil Engineer or Architect would be a good source to determine a complete list of Entitlements that are required in each area.

Jan 7, 2016
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question