What kind of information do I need to open a bar in Los Angeles

Where can I begin to search for this information?
In General Area - Asked by Miki M. - May 11, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Vadim B.
Huntington Beach, CA

Call the ABC(link Below) they can give you general guidelines. I think it is practically impossible to get a new 48 license (alcohol only) in LA you will most likely have to get a 47 License(food and alcohol)
Make sure your zoning qualifies also make sure there are no schools/churches etc... in the immediate area, licensing and CUP may be an issue. You will need an attorney that knows all applicable laws.
I find that buying an existing establishment is the way to go. be prepared to pay 250k-750k or more to get in the door.

May 12, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question