What is the recourse for a landlord if they loose a NNN tenant form a lease?

In Leasing Property - Asked by Sam T. - May 30, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Paul S.
Glendora, CA

Depends on a lot of things. If they file bankruptcy your chances of getting anything are very slim. Look in your lease to see what your remedies are. If you have a coporate tenant that hasn't filed bankruptcy they may not be able to walk away? So much depends on the type of tenant you have, their strength and the remedies contained in you lease. You should consult a lawyer and don't wait. The longer you put off doing something the worse it gets. There are no simple or quick answers in this forum because there are many things that will factor into an answer. Your particular circumstances will differ from others. Many NNN leases are being renogiated and the rents for new tenants are generally lower. If you contact me we can discuss your particular circumstances. You will no doubt need a lawyer at some point?
paulsylvester@remax.net or 800 554-7362 ext. 208
Paul Sylvester,CCIM

Jun 1, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question