I suspect Georgia is like every other place where commercial leasing is done. The lease commission negotiated with the client is based on several factors:
1. How large is the space?
2. Who will the tenant be (credit or otherwise)?
3. What will the term of the lease be?
4. How much space does the prospective client have to lease?
5. How hungry is the prospective client to get his space leased?
6. What will others in your region charge?
7. If you are the listing agent, what marketing costs are you going to encounter in getting the space leased?
Having said this, your typical lease amount for tenant representation will be somewhere in the 3% of the total base value of the lease amount? Perhaps a bit more based on the considerations listed. The listing side will also be in the same range.
Onward and upward Sylvia..... Rob Baird, CA RE License #544165 (One of the oldest, active licenses in CA) 951 515-5855 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apr 18, 2011