What is County or City creteria in Socal for splitting a Industrial lot with 2 bldgs into two separate lots?

In General Area - Asked by Al B. - Apr 20, 2013
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Michael C.
San Leandro, CA

contact the county or city that has jurisdiction over the property. they will give you the criteria for minimum requirments like zoning, land use, setbacks, access, etc. the process may be easy or may require legal assistance. The property will have to be surveyed, a request submitted to the governing body-planning/zoning department. http://www.csac.counties.org/county-websites-profile-information

Apr 24, 2013
Report Abuse
Nancy G.
Rochester, NY

You have gotten good advice. I bought a non-conforming lot. It became its own lot because someone stopped paying on their mortgage and the owner's home got a IRS tax lien on it. I found in my county's ordinance that if a lot has to be split due to government action, then an exception can apply. I hired three lawyers and spoke with many people in the government....no one came up with that information...my recommendation is not only to hire the best lawyer but read for your ordinance for your

Jul 16, 2014
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question