One could likely write a book on this. The question may be a bit broad for this type of forum. However, I will take a step in the direction of an answer.
1. Don't try to take shortcuts
2. Keep in mind at all times that you are a professional.
3. Know that a successful contact often takes on average seven calls.
4. Sell your creditability at all times.
5. Don't count your commissions until the deal is done, escrow is closed and you have a check to cash.
6. Until that time provide service, service and more service.
7. Know your product in the commercial real estate market place.
8. Learn how to solicit interest. Encourage questions.
9. Answer questions briefly, to the point and never supply fluff.
10. Keep a good log of your contact, call and make contact in a planned way.
11. Know how to present a good package of information.
12. Remain true to your marketing plan. Call, write, follow up; call, write and follow up.
Good Luck Dana.... Rob Baird, CA RE License #544165 (One of the oldest, active licenses in CA) 951 515-5855 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dec 30, 2010