What are the types of leases that a restaurant/bar can go into? Would a Flex Space be considered?

In Buying Property - Asked by Brian M. - Jan 8, 2013
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


kenji k.
New York, NY

NO Lease only for sale includes business and property.
kenj kora

Jan 9, 2013
Report Abuse
Rob B.
Chandler, AZ

If I understand your question, the answer is based on the zoning for the flex space; or a special use permit obtained for the usage.
If this is a business park with adequate parking, it may be a good location for a restaurant/bar; if the Municipality will issue the permit. It also may be less rent than one would pay in a normally zoned location.
The restaurant/bar if properly tailored for the trade it anticipates, may have a built in lunch and after work crowd for the location. Another advantage may be that it would likely only be a Monday-Friday operation if targeted for the business park.
Other locations of flex space would require the zoning and the parking to be permitted, without special use conditions. In each case the answer rests with the local governing authority.
It is good to be creative, but never lose sight of what the goal of your creativity is; and the achievable facts to support the direction of your beliefs. Get a clear understanding of what you want to achieve, develop your best presentation for the Municipality and then go for it.
Onward and Upward....
Rob Baird

Feb 15, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question