That does institutional government building mean

If a buyer buys a institutional government building what does this mean to the buyer. Limitation??? or restriction???
In Buying Property - Asked by Isabella s. - Jun 24, 2013
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Michael C.
San Leandro, CA

Hi Isabella, Check with the zoning, planning and building department in city or county where the property is located. Determine if the property is in their jurisdiction. Ask them about past, present and any possible future uses of the property. Is it currently occupied? How old is the building? Is it a modern building? Does it still have any functional life left? If it is old, can it be revitalized? How much will it cost? What is the property worth?
Consider consulting with: architects, engineers, contractors, brokers, attorneys, etc.

Jun 25, 2013
Report Abuse
Anthony C.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Check with the local planning department, but usually it means the building that has been used by the government. So more than likely your buyer would have get the building re-zoned.

Jun 30, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question