Is anyone running into sellers with capital gains tax issues, MOB or failing 1031 exchanges?

Is there a desire to learn how to help solve this kind of problem or is it easier to avoid discussing any potential pitfalls associated with a sale?
In Selling Property - Asked by Paula S. - Oct 7, 2010
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Diane T.
Ocean, NJ

Yes, I have been running into many people who have problems with the probability of an increase in the capital gains taxes. The Taxes are proposed to increase after January 2011. Some of my clients have properties in a "C" Corp. and they would be double taxed on a sale. A "C" Corp. takes 7 years to become a Sub-chapter S corp, which has fewer taxes. Sometimes you can sell the stock of the corporation instead of the real estate. But, in that case the purchase has to take on the original basis.
(Get a good tax attorney and become friends with him.) Then you will be ahead of your competitors.

Oct 7, 2010
Report Abuse
Dale O.
Spanaway, WA

Solve the banking problems and you resolve this issue immediately.

Oct 7, 2010
Report Abuse
Raoul A.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I know financial planners, who team up with certain CPA's and Attorney's who have working knowledge of legal mechanisms & structures that can be set up to avoid capital gains. If you would like their contact info email me.

Oct 14, 2010
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question