If I purchase a duplex under FHA can I incorporate it as an investment or do I have to put it under my name..

In Buying Property - Asked by Ronnye L. - Mar 23, 2013
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


zach h.
Visalia, CA

Can't use FHA to purchase income properties.

Mar 26, 2013
Report Abuse
Joshua P.
La Vergne, TN

If you are using an FHA or VA loan to buy a duplex, the title must be in the name of an individual. You also must be PEROSNALLY living in one side of the unit personally for the specified timeframe without exception. Doing so with any intent of "skipping out" on that clause is loan fraud.
It would however, be possible to refinance the loan and incorporate after the purchase, once "traditional" equity values were reached by appreciaton.

Mar 29, 2013
Report Abuse
Mark R.
Cincinnati, OH

FHA is available for 2-4 family, owner occupied purchases. Incorporation is a question for your attorney.

Apr 2, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question