I would like to start a business of vacant/for sale home staging and occupying... do I need a broker?

I would be hiring people as sub-contractors to occupy, stage and maintaing vacant/for sale homes... This person would pay a moderate fee to occupy the home. I would like to target foreclosures, reo's, short-sales...etc... What sort of licensing would I need to do this. My real estate license is expired but I plan on having it renewed
In General Area - Asked by Angela D. - Jun 19, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Paul S.
Glendora, CA

It might depend on your States laws. In California you would not need a license. However you might be considered a tenant because you are living in the property? The legislature in there infinite wisdom just changed the time frames to the foreclosure process to nearly 8 months if a tenant is in the property. If it is already an REO it could take 90 days to get a tenant out and I'm not sure a lender will want to take the added risk of you living in the property? Things are evolving rapidly in the REO world so you might be able to do what you propose? You might have a real problem getting to the decision maker for what you want to do? Heck it is hard to get to them when you have a cash buyer that wants to buy a short sale. Good luck.

Jun 21, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question