I want to 1031 exchange some commercial buildings for something else. Is there a website for others like me ?

The property is F & C Location Port St. Lucie, Florida (St. Lucie West)
In General Area - Asked by Clarke O. - Jul 13, 2010
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Eric O.
Corporate Investor
Grand Rapids, MI

Yes, RIISNET.com ask for Stuart Dorf

Jul 13, 2010
Report Abuse
Rob B.
Chandler, AZ

It appears that you are really looking for a direct trade in your question. It is always difficult to make a direct exchange, since it is so very difficult to match up needs, desires and wants from one client to another in a direct trade.
This is really why the 1031 Tax Law allows for a delayed exchange. This allows you to use a broker or to directly sell your property yourself. Upon the sale you name an independent escrow agency to hold your 1031 funds for you until your have discovered a property to use these funds to purchase. You then buy the new property, the transaction is completed with the 1031 escrowed funds and if your paperwork is clean and you have used good judgment in your purchase, you should not have to recognize any gain from the sale of the previous property.
You can utilize LoopNet or the many other listing services to both sell your property and to find an up-property in which to place your invested funds.
Rob Baird (CA RE License #544165 - One of the oldest active RE licenses in CA)
951 515-5855

Jul 13, 2010
Report Abuse
Gregory G.
San Francisco, CA

Gregory Garver - NNN Commercial Broker License# 01716531
Web Reference: http://nnnbrokersusa.com

Jul 15, 2010
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question