I have a tenant that intrested to buy the unit that they occupies,she is putting 175K and the balance is 100K.

How can I structure the deal and what should I charge here for the balance in P+I for 1 Yr,
In Selling Property - Asked by Ahmed S. - Jan 13, 2010
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Nelson C.
Corporate Investor
Glen Cove, NY

Can't give you a blanket answer, it depends on the persons credit worthyness, is this residential or commercial, will the 100K installment loan be a first or second position? The buyer claims to have the ability to cancel the loan in 12 months, that's a big payment if it includes the P. If you want to cash out completely, I may be interested giving your buyer a mortgage or just buying the note from you.
Sounds good topically, good luck with it. Nelson C.

Jan 13, 2010
Report Abuse
Ahmed S.
Antioch, CA

Hi Nelson please send me your info.

Jan 20, 2010
Report Abuse
Chris S.
Coeur D'alene, ID

If $275k is the value of the unit and you don't owe anything to get clear title, then I'd do what it takes to finance this tenant. If she has $175k down, your worst case scenario is she defaults and you keep $175k and get the unit back after foreclosure and eviction.
Regardless, you need a good contract in place. If you put a solid contract in place, you can probably sell that note pretty easily on the market for only a nominal discount (time value of money calc) and get your money right away.

Jan 22, 2010
Report Abuse
Gregory G.
San Francisco, CA

What's the property worth?
Gregory Garver - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Broker License# 01716531

Mar 5, 2010
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question