How do you contact Brokers representing a franchisee looking to locate in your area?

In Leasing Property - Asked by Linda J. - Jun 25, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Chris G.
Lynchburg, VA

I would contact the franchise real estate representative for your area. They will let you know if they have a broker representing them in your area and give you the contact name. Not all franchises use designated brokers. If you join or are a member of ICSC (International Council of Shopping Centers) you have access to contact information for member companies (most but not all franchises are members). Most real estate reps are more than happy to provide you with the contact information and/or respond to your inquiries about a specific site or market. A quick internet search should get you in the right direction for the company you would like to target.

Jun 25, 2009
Report Abuse
Damon D.
Bala Cynwyd, PA

If you definitely do not know who the broker is for a franchise concept then ALWAYS try to the corporate route first.
Here's the reason - a broker may be the tenant rep for a franchise concept - but maybe not for the territory where you have a center. It could be that the franchise concept ("the franchisor") does not have a broker for your area, and by calling the corporate office you can do a direct deal (i.e., no co-broke), and then make a pitch to be the tenant rep broker for your area.

Jun 27, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question