Has anyone hear of, or gotten a government grant to cover your down payment on multifamily purchases?

I have recently hear there are government grants up to 200K to use for down payment on the purchase of Multifamily complexes. Any help would be appreciated.
In Buying Property - Asked by Randall R. - Nov 23, 2009
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Eric K.
Property/Asset Manager
Bedford, NY

There are many ways through HUD programs and various tax credit programs to fund your downpayment for multifamily properties. HUD is not only for subsidized housing; it is also for market rate housing. We are direct HUD Lenders and have the best rates and terms available in the market today. Eric Kaufman 914-205-3129. erick@bedfordlending.com

Nov 24, 2009
Report Abuse
Marty B.
Van Buren, AR

instead of a grant you might try a dpa service (down payment assistance) they sent the money you need to the closing and then you get the seller to carry back a second which is used to repay the dpa fund.

Nov 24, 2009
Report Abuse
Gregory G.
San Francisco, CA

They are difficult to get without profit sharing.
Gregory Garver - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Broker License# 01716531
Web Reference: http://www.gregorygarver.com

Dec 3, 2009
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question