Do most commercial RE brokers carry Professional Liability/E&O insurance? Your experience please.

What is the general consensus out there - with large and small firms alike? It appears that a few carriers offer coverage, at high rates for lower limits ... up to $2MM or so.
In General Area - Asked by Lewis M. - Oct 11, 2012
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Timothy C.
Chesapeake, VA

Pretty much have to carry E&O insurance.

Oct 15, 2012
Report Abuse
David M.
Augusta, GA

yes...a must have.

Oct 19, 2012
Report Abuse
Albert S.
Arcadia, CA

This is a business decision, but generally it is a good business practice to carry E&O insurance in case of lawsuits. There are many insurance carriers available to choose, depending on number of claims and policy limits. Check with your state or local Realtor association for more info.

Nov 15, 2012
Report Abuse
Chris S.
Coeur D'alene, ID

E&O is required by state licensing departments in our part of the country.

Mar 11, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question