Do I need a real estate brokers license if I form an LLC for my commercial properties in california??

I am the owner of a commercial building, have multiple tenants, thinking of forming an LLC for this property, is a broker license required in California to continue to lease etc. as one of the acting manager of the LLC??
Thank you
In Leasing Property - Asked by Josephine M. - Feb 23, 2016
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


J. David F.
Brentwood, TN

You typically need a license if you perform any real estate services for hire. In most states you can lease your own properties, but you have to be the one doing the leasing. Anyone you employ likely would be required to have a license.

Feb 25, 2016
Report Abuse
Matt M.
Los Angeles, CA

In California, the answer is yes. It is also highly advisable to get insurance, which creates a monthly overhead. However, working with a leasing broker can be a less expensive and less time consuming route to leasing up (and marketing) your property.

Mar 20, 2016
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question