Do I have the rights not to be force to sell my road to my property to a city agentcy?

In Selling Property - Asked by Ramon V. - Jul 18, 2010
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


marcie s.

Not really... the laws under eminent domain empower government agencies the power to acquire properties if for public use. See the link below for further information.
Marcie Sweet
Affiliate Broker
Keller Williams

Jul 18, 2010
Report Abuse
Sam B.
Gahanna, OH

It depends. You should contact a lawyer about your issue. states that "The government must also demonstrate that the taking of the property is for a public use, as defined by law. The property owner is given the opportunity to respond to the government's claims."
Getting proper, legal advise from a lawyer can help you best determine if you have a winning argument against the condemnation of your property.
Good Luck
Sam Brown
Real Estate Advisor
Peak Property Group, LLC.

Jul 19, 2010
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question