Can I sell a property for a relative to a buyer's broker in another state and receive ? % of the buyers comm?

I am not a licensed broker. I represent the seller in marketing & the sale price and conditions of the contract. If I am not receiving a commission from the seller can I request splitting the buyers broker's % commission ? 50/50 And what contract do I need to have with the broker? Finders contract or what else?
In Selling Property - Asked by John G. - Dec 19, 2012
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Anthony J. K.
Phoenix, AZ

I am not attorney so this answer should not be looked at as legal advice. Answer: Commission not usually paid to non-licensed persons. Licensed Realtors and Brokers usually cannot share or pay commissions to any unlicensed people. Exception is Buyer or Seller who can always receive money from a licensed agent with full disclosure. Must show up on closing documents that commission was rebated to seller or buyer so that all parties to transaction will be aware of situation..

Dec 20, 2012
Report Abuse
duane f w.
Granada Hills, CA

Realtors, Brokers and the DRE in most states frown on Investors collecting commission.
However a acquisition fee of a flat rate that is agreed on first will be ok. You may want to requst part of it from your relative since they should not expect you to work for free.
Duane F. Wente

Mar 4, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question