How can I find out if my apartment building is up 4 foreclosure,especially when I can't get the right answers?

I am a tenant @ 1208 17th ave north Lake Worth FLA, 33460 & me and my family is trying 2 find out if this apt. building we now reside in is under foreclosure. We want 2 know,#1 so we can find another place 2 settle til... #2 I don't want 2 keep giving $$ if this place is not own & I don't know who 2 give $$ 2. Please Help!!!!
In General Area - Asked by Stephanie D. - Nov 29, 2010
Report Abuse
Answer this Question


Lesley V.
Jacksonville Beach, FL

The best way I know is to research the County Court records to see if a Lis Pendens has been filed against the owner of the property.
1) find the property owner from the county property appraiser's website
2) search the property owner's name in the county court documents website. They are all public record, so if Lis pendens has been filed you know that the lender has started the foreclosure process.

Nov 29, 2010
Report Abuse
George S.
Chicago, IL

You are obligated to pay rent to the landlord under your lease agreement. If and when title transfers to another owner, you will be given notice indicating to whom you should pay your rent. If you stop paying rent you will be in default and subject to eviction regardless of whether the building is in foreclosure or not.

Nov 29, 2010
Report Abuse
Michael J.
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Just b/c your Landlord may or may not be in default- there are various ways to be in default, not just "if this place is not own"- does not excuse you of your obligation to pay for the space you occupy as agreed. It is not provide you loophole to get out of paying rent or to get out of your lease agreement. If you do not honor your end of the bargain, you will be held accountable.
Lesley is right, County Court records will know if a forclosure has been filed.
BTW- looks like your owners are Canadians... eh.
Here's the link to the tax assessor's website for this property:
here's the PCN- 38-43-44-16-06-003-0300

Nov 30, 2010
Report Abuse
John G.
Mount Vernon, NY

When the property goes into foreclosure, every tenant of the building will receive a copy of the foreclosure notice, which then terminates the tenant's lease.

Dec 9, 2010
Report Abuse
kevin w.
Property/Asset Manager
Mount Vernon, NY

This information can be accessed directly from the county clerk website in your state. If you are having difficulty accessing the information you can also register your apartment with a servicer, whom will provide you with a foreclosure report here,

Dec 27, 2010
Report Abuse
Rodney W.
Yonkers, NY

You can find out if any property in the USA is in foreclosure for FREE here,

Jan 28, 2013
Report Abuse

Welcome to Answers

LoopNet Answers is where the commercial real estate community shares what they know to help each other out. And it's all for free.

Ask a question to get advice from brokers, investors, professionals and local experts.

Answer questions to raise your visibility as a trusted advisor and build new relationships.

Ask a Question

Post Question